- Healthy and Safe Swimming Week 2015
- ‘Vanguard’ Brigade enhances resiliency, stands ready
- Reconnect to Find Resiliency
- Patrons asked to help Pet Boarding Center staff keep the facility free of “dog flu”
- Sledgehammer Soldier sheds weight and fears
- What do you think parents should do to make their military child feel special?
Ask The Experts
What is the Paleo Diet?
The Paleo Diet is a way of eating that is based on the diets of our ancestors who lived before the Agricultural Revolution. The main food sources for people who eat Paleo are fresh fruits and vegetables, free-range or grass-fed meats, seafood, eggs, nuts, seeds, and healthy oils such as olive, coconut, or avocado. Much like any other diet regimen, processed foods and refined sugars are absolutely off-limits. Other foods that should be avoided when trying to eat Paleo are wheat-based foods, legumes (beans), white potatoes, salt, alcohol, and refined vegetable oils. Proponents of the Paleo diet claim that eating like our ancestors can improve or prevent kidney stones, stroke, asthma, insomnia, motion sickness, and various inflammatory diseases. If you are considering a transition to Paleo eating, be sure to speak with your primary care doctor or a registered dietician or nutritionist before beginning. Have a question? Email us at MarneHealth@gmail.com.